We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Global Head of Marketing – Built Environment on a permanent basis to provide strategic marketing direction and build and execute marketing plans to realize the sector strategy. If you relish contributing to the vision and strategy, developing and leading thought leadership marketing campaigns then this role is one for you! You will get to craft consistent messages, creating value propositions, and ensuring the most efficient and effective selection of marketing channels to drive and engage sector clients and prospects in key markets. This is a pivotal role for implementing and executing tactical marketing plans in line with the Global Built Environment sector strategy and will involve up to 25% travel.
What That Means Day To Day
In this role you’ll join a diverse team whereby you’ll also develop and implement frameworks, processes for efficient and effective working across all streams, Global Key Accounts (GKA’s), and sectors for the execution of global marketing plans in the key markets. You'll conduct industry-wide competitive analysis and regular horizon scanning of clients, industry challenges and reporting to the business. You’ll support streams, GKA’s, regions/ countries by providing data-based insights to support business plans from identifying & sharing best practices. You'll support strategic brand-led campaigns to elevate BSI’s brand apart from working together with Industry associations and institutions to build communities of influence. Leading the creation of the annual marketing food and retail sector marketing strategy and aligning with other sector leads in aligning/ communicating with streams and markets. Other aspects of the role involve:
- Developing and refining marketing frameworks and creating various playbooks by standardizing the process.
- Building annual marketing calendar and implementing a tactical marketing plan in key markets and geographies
- Create built environment sector value proposition and key messaging for all client types and solutions
- Building thought leadership in Built Environment sector in key high impact areas and support key themes of BSI group strategy apart from building sector communities both internal and external
- Ensuring BSI website sector pages, blogs, showcase pages updated client-centric and relevant content
- Leveraging the power of social media networks to share sector insights, thought leadership articles, share global trends, and engage with online communities
- Conducting roundtables, participate in key strategic sector events and identify speaker opportunities to ensure the right platforms for the people to speak and drive engagement at senior levels
- Interfacing with PR teams for built environment related messaging on relevant market news items apart from proactively providing comments and inputs on built environment issues globally
- Collaborating with all streams, GKA’s, sectors on the development of appropriate marketing tool kits to support sales enablement
- Selection, management, and optimization of the marketing spend across all the agencies and vendors who produce marketing materials and or/provide marketing support efficiently and effectively
To Be Successful In Your Application, You Will Have
- Significant international Marketing experience (must have experience in built environment) and demonstrable track record in a B2B professional services organization, developing strategy, frameworks, best practices, and operational efficiency
- Strong collaboration skills, to work across Group Marketing, Global Accounts, Stream, Sectors and Markets to contextualise brand campaigns and thought leadership programmes for targets audiences and have them executed in market.
- Balance of strategic vision and agile tactical execution
- Proven experience of change management and organisational transformation
- Ability to inspire and motivate cross functional teams with a unified direction and vision
- Evidence of strong leadership with experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising, coaching and appraising marketing communications teams
- Track record of creating and executing successful marketing plans
- Previous senior leadership experience of leading a global marketing team, directly or indirectly.
- Degree level education, or equivalent
- Formal management qualification
Our culture at BSI in making excellence a habit extends to our offering a comprehensive rewards package which encompasses a competitive salary plus bonus, pension, life insurance, income protection, EAP in addition to 27 days’ holiday as standard. Other benefits include medical insurance, cycle to work, gym discounts, travel insurance and many more!
As this role can be based anywhere in Europe, BSI is conducting multi panel competency based interviews and assessments for this role virtually. To apply please submit your CV in English.